Hilton Head Beaches
Hilton Head Island
The beaches on Hilton Head Island are consistently ranked among the best in the nation by Travel & Leisure, CLICK HERE for their article, and many other publications. Take an early morning walk and view the incredible sunrise and enjoy the coastal landscape of sea life, swaying seagrass and beautiful sand dunes.
Beach Access, Rules and Regulations – We love our beaches, so please follow the rules. Yes, dogs are allowed on HHI beaches, we love to take our well behaved dogs to the beach! CLICK HERE to read all the regulations so you are prepared to enjoy the day at the beach.
Access – All of the beach is public, however, access in many areas is through a private or gated community. There are many areas that do have public access, please see the list below.
Once you become a property owner on Hilton Head Island, you can obtain a beach parking pass – CLICK HERE for information
Public Beach Access Points – Click name of beach for parking details
- Alder Lane Beach Access, off South Forest Beach Drive
- Burkes Beach Access, at the end of Burkes Beach Road
- Chaplin Community Park, off of William Hilton Parkway
- Coligny Beach Park, off Coligny Circle
- Driessen Beach Park, at the end of Bradley Beach Road
- Fish Haul Beach Park, off Beach City Road
- Folly Field Beach Park, off Folly Field Road
- Historical Mitchelville Freedom Park, at the end of Beach City Road
- Islanders Beach Park, off Folly Field Road – Reserved for Beach Pass Holders
Loggerhead Sea Turtles
Of course, we also have Loggerhead Sea Turtle Protection. Exterior lights facing the beach must be off from May to October. For the rules and regulations, CLICK HERE. For a video of what can happen if the momma turtles are distracted, CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE for more information about sea turtle life